About the Company

Kaliakra Wind Power AD (KWP) is a shareholding company established in 2006 for the special purpose of developing, constructing, commissioning and operating the project Kaliakra Wind Power Plant (KWP plant).

Shareholders at KWP are:

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd., Japan (MHI), holding 70% of the shares, and
Inos-1 Ltd, Bulgaria (INOS), holding 30% of the shares.

KWP holds a First Class Investor certificate issued by the Bulgarian Agency of Investment relating to the KWP plant project.

The total amount of the investment equals approx. 55,000,000 Euro. 30% of them are financed by the shareholders and the remaining 70% – by the Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) and Mizuho Bank (Mizuho) as Lenders.

KWP holds an Electricity Generation License No. Л-205-01 / 13.07.2006 issued by the Energy and Waters Regulation Committee (at that time names State Energy and Waters Regulation Committee or SWERC).

KWP plant project successfully completed the EIA process and holds an effective and valid Decision for EIA Report approval No. 2-2(101) / 2005 issued by the Varna Regional Inspectorate of Environment.

KWP performs a 15-years Power Purchase Agreement with the National Electric Company (NEK).

KWP permanently employs 14 specialists of high qualification, experience and skills

Head office
114, Vasil Levski Blvd., 1527 Sofia
tel.: +359 2 943 30 60
fax: +359 2 943 44 84

KWP Plant
village of Bulgarevo
municipality of Kavarna,
tel.: +359 570 42 950; 42 951; 42 952
fax: +359 570 42 954

Scroll Up